BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 4, 2011

K1 Holder Applying for SSN



Its been a while since my last update here on my blog, i was just so busy with my life here in the US of course just arrived here last July 12, so been really busy with my honey babe and we're doin a lot here too... but right now i have the chance to update what is happening to me and what i did after i arrived in my POE... pls. read my other updates post below...

After two weeks i arrived here in USA, i applied for my SSN no. here in Lawton, OK. List of what i brought with me my passport, I-94, our marriage contract, and my birth cert., i intended to apply for my married name in my SSN card but they didn't allow me to do that bcoz they said i need to register first on my maiden name bcoz that's the name i carried when i arrived here in USA... but some states allow to use married name even they are K1 holder, BUT the employee there who assisted us are nice and told us to go back after a month to change my name on my SSN Card after a month. I also have my SS-5 form but they didn't get it bcoz i applied online, i answered some questions and that's it hehehe.. they gave me a receipt of my SSN card and told me that i will get it after 7-10 business day. And also bear in mind some of the employees are not aware that a K1 visa holder is entitled to get an SSN no. so u should be aware of what is your right as a K1 visa holder and u can print also the RM 10211.530 and show it to them.

July 27, 2011- Applied SSN no.
Aug. 1, 2011- Got my SSN no.

0 comments: